A comedy of gobbo errors.

This is a blog to follow my poker play from day to day, even though no one will likely read it until I completely skull people in the WSOP. You heard it here first, people.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Vegas day 1

I figured I'd revive the blog for the time I'm about to spend in Vegas. I'm here till July 18th with a bunch of friends in the poker house. Unfortunately I'm only 20, so I figure I'll spend my time sweating people at the final table when I can and just hang out and play poker at home the rest of the time. Another goal of mine is to lose a fair amount of weight this summer by swimming and maybe doing some diet/exercise stuff with a friend of mine living here (JCarver/Taknapotin AKA Jason).

I have some action of people who have been playing the world series events, and my one major horse I think is one of the best mtt players in the world, so good luck to him! When he wins the main event I'll let his name be known.

So, day 1. I got into the house around 1 PM, got settled in. The airline lost my bag, so I had to get them to send it out (it's coming tomorrow). I played the tuesday tournaments online which went poorly, and a little 25/50 PLO on the side. Then I went out to dinner with my friend Matt/mlagoo and Mike/Sirwatts to a sushi place. Tomorrow the plan is to do essentially the same thing! Hopefully my luggage gets here and I can swim tomorrow (there's a jacuzzi too but apparently it's not running yet?). We're going to rent a car so we don't spend a freaking fortune in cab fair going back and forth to the rio. I have so many friends out here it will be impossible not to have something to do, so here's hoping I don't go completely insane from not being able to play in the WSOP and hopefully I update my blog most days too.

I'll log my online results here, and if I go deep hopefully there'll be a hand history as well. Take care all (who still reads this thing anyway?)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello there!

I thought that now, as a millionaire, you would forgot about your readers!

keep posting!

xpto

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I check your blog all the time hoping there is a new entry, but nothing until now....Congrats on the big score and try and enjoy the parts of vegas you can....its a great city

john

12:28 PM  
Blogger Jarooty said...

I'm gobboboy biggest fan! You're an icon dude. Loved your play in the Aussie Millions.. you got lucky a lot but you were fun to watch.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Robert J. said...

And you, young Gobboboy, we shall watch your career with great interest.

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats of the blog revival Gobbo
Dickie D

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home