A comedy of gobbo errors.

This is a blog to follow my poker play from day to day, even though no one will likely read it until I completely skull people in the WSOP. You heard it here first, people.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

*cracks knuckles*

Alright, figured I should make a real post now.

I went deep in the stuper again last night. Got 10th after making a risky but probably +EV shove while there were 2 tables left and then going ridiculously card dead and finally shoving QT into a short, but still bigger than I, stack's AQ (is that grammatically correct? I have no clue).

People keep IM'ing me now. Some are annoying, some are cool. I'm getting railed in the pokerstars chat a lot too by idiots and some also cool people. I guess it comes with the territory, eh? I've had a lot of success recently, I think I broke through a freezeout barrier that prevented me from making it past the first hour. In fact, I'm trying out the $1000 buyin on stars in an hour. Hopefully I'll be making another post about it later today.

So anyway, lots of people ask me about how to improve their play. Some people plug books, some people give lectures and lessons... In my opinion, there is no better way to learn how to play poker than just sitting down and playing the damn game. Learn the basics and then just play. If you have some friends who are much better than you, then watch them play the game when they get deep. If you have trouble building a big stack, go watch someone like me who plays like a maniac early on and see what we do. Build your own style and utilize it. Everyone plays the game differently, but the key is finding what works for you.

Building up your own game will not take a very long time. The real key is finding flaws in your game and taking them out. This isn't easy, obviously. Everyone has huge flaws in their game. Personally, I make too many random bluffs when I try to win every pot. I have very good instincts and reads but I never follow them. If I could learn to follow my instincts, I would be one of the greatest upcoming stars (And I would have all the glory, all the titles and all the mobney).

Oh, by the way, this month marks my 1 year mark playing poker. This time last year, I didn't know if two pair beat trips.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home